As the year has progressed, I have added another resolution: stick to my resolutions! Though my update posts may not be my most popular (or let's face it, popular at all), honestly the accountability of knowing I'll have to examine myself monthly makes me try a little harder!
August mems (clockwise)- Mummo's birthday card, roadtrip bro, celebrated an anniversary, Celine Dion @ the fair!
(If you're interested in viewing the other months, here they are!)
(This is mostly to keep myself in check although you're welcome to share encouragement/criticisms/keep me accountable!)
Here are my resolutions for the year, with my personal commentary for the month added in:
1. Ride my bike more. [Well...I've been running! But a bike ride to the store or whatever is so not happening in 100 degree weather after I've showered. I do have a longer ride planned this week in place of a run- mostly because I can't put my new hair up!]
2. Send something to my Mummo [Finnish grandma] every month. [I'm really actually pleased with the birthday card I made her (she loves gardening & flowers!). My mom confirmed she got her card and loved it! Now onto September. I got some new card making materials so I'm excited!]
3. Remember all my friends/families birthdays. [This month I celebrated my sister Carina's birthday with a little package and phone call!]
4. Read a book every month. [Ok, for the first time all year, I DID IT! I read a book Dith's mom gave me in like four days. I'm just relieved I'm still able to read. Now about The Fountainhead...]
5. Only buy what I need & get rid of what I don't need [Picked up a few dresses and a fabulous pair of Jelly sandals. All necessary, thrifty purchases! Still pushing for that closet clean-up.]
6. Be confident. [How am I supposed to measure this, exactly? Still a constant goal. Not bad though.]
Thanks for the encouragement, and thank you as always for reading!