I'd have to agree with you, Anne! Man I love this time of year, and man I am loving this October. The same things I was doing a month ago just feel better. Fall brings the vibrancy back that is lost in the laziness of Summer; and I should add, we are still working out the last of Summer weather around here. Fall fashion is the best, it smells good outside, the weather is lovely, and oh yeah, sweaters!
Things I am looking forward to this October:
- Talent Week/Night at work (already happened. Magical.)
- hanging with Sundar, Amir, and my Mom this weekend
- Halloweekend in Memphis with Meredith
- the haunted house our office puts on for a family community center (theme: Haunted Circus!)
- celebrating my first "Emmaversary": one whole year of my job!
- co-hosting my first Theme Week: Graphic Tees with Andi. Kicks off Oct. 20th!
- perhaps re-visiting some dates ideas from my Fall Date List
- some costumes. Should I resurrect my Beyonce outfit, Poison Ivy outfit, or try something new?
Songs I will fully vouch for this month:
- Slippery Slopes- Jenny Lewis (really her whole album, The Voyager, thanks Tuppy for this!)
- Coffee & Cigarettes- Jimmy Eat World (their Futures 10 year reunion tour happens this Fall!)
- Cardiac Arrest- Bad Suns
- Mind Over Matter- Young the Giant (obsessed.)
- The High Road- Broken Bells
- Thriller- Michael Jackson (because, duh. We danced to this in Dance Blast and it felt so right.)
On the nightstand this month:
- Where Are You, Bernadette? - Maria Semple (I picked this up again after dropping it a few months ago.)
- Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn, author of Gone Girl. This is a haunting read that I think is perfect for the season. I am spellbound and seriously creeped out. Like, I shouldn't read this when I'm home alone but I will anyway and get freaked out!
Things I can't wait to wear this month:
- my "Firstie" Katie send me these Madewell ankle socks as part of a belated birthday present (this is totally fine with me, btw!) I cannot wait to wear them with everything, and by that I mean, every pair of booties I have AND my clogs! Something about these socks make me feel invincible.
- my wool snood that I barely got acquainted with this Spring
- a few other Fall favorite outfits on the blog: here, here, and here.
- Fall outfits I am crushing on Pinterest: here, here, and here.
What are you looking forward to doing/listening to/reading/wearing this October? I'd love to know! Share below.