A few months ago, I came clean on perfectlyP about basically my only insecurity- my teeth, which are nowhere near as straight and white as I would like. I was excited to try out the at-home whitening treatment that had been sent to me by SmileBrilliant (check out that initial post here), because as I said then and I'll say again now, who doesn't want whiter teeth?
So I've been whitening at home for the past few months, finally finished up, and now I get to share my experience with you! Disclaimer: my timing wasn't the best (throwing the holidays in the middle- not great) and this is the only teeth whitening I've ever done, so I don't have much to compare it to.
- the getting started process was thoroughly explained, and simple to do!
- you just can't beat a whitening system where you're using trays that are a *custom fit* to your teeth. The trays stay in place, and I can't imagine another system whitening my teeth specifically as well as these did.
- this sounds silly, but realizing I was trying a whitening system that would normally cost $500+ for FREE was a definite pro :)
- my biggest concern about using the gel was that it might irritate some sensitive spots I have, but it was totally fine! I started with 15 minute treatments and went up to over an hour, with no pain.
- SmileBrilliant was completely lovely to work with. I had a contact the entire time that answered questions promptly, and checked in with me throughout!
- maybe the only pro that matters--it actually worked! I started seeing results after two treatments, which was perfect because I'm one of those instant-gratification people.
- if you do happen to get the whitening gel on your gums, it will burn. this could be user error.
- towards the end, the hardest part for me WAS finding an hour or so where I could plan to wear them at home. Having custom fitted trays is a plus, but you definitely can't go out and do anything with them on.
- this could also be user error, but I ran out of desensitizing gel with still a few treatments of the whitening gel left.
I know all you really care about are the before & after photos, so here they are!
My teeth are noticeably whiter; and I have to say, I've felt a little confidence boost as well.
If you've had a teeth whitening experience (SmileBrilliant) or otherwise, I would love to hear about it! Also, if you have any questions I can answer about the process, let me know below.
and a video about how the entire process works here.
Thanks to SmileBrilliant for providing me with a whitening kit to review! All opinions are my own.